honey bean fritters
1. Wash your peeled beans and pour into a blender with 1/4 cup of water.
2. Puree the mixture into a smooth paste. Taste to ensure there's no grits in your blended mixture.
3. Pour puréed bean paste into a bowl, add in salt, chopped pepper and onions.
4. Use a whisk or mixer to mix your mixture. You want to mix in a clockwise motion to incorporate air into the paste and increase the volume of the bean mixture to double or triple its size.
5. Heat up your frying oil in a pan. When the oil is hot use a serving spoon to pour the beans mixture into the oil. Pour the mixture onto
itself Ensure to leave room to be able to turn each piece.
6. Fry on each side until your Akara is puffy and golden. Sieve out of the oil onto kitchen towel to drain.
7. Repeat process until all your mixture is fried.
8. Serve immediately with bread, garri (cassava) or fried yam.
- 1 cup peeled beans
- 1 Tatashe (paprika pepper)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 -2 red scotch bonnet peppers (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of water
- oil for frying
- Print View
- Plain Text