|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Use a calabashe to cook your rice
1. Put water in a saucepan to heat.
2. Wash and gravel rice between two calabashes to remove any stone in rice.
3. Wash several times (if necessary).
4. Put rice in hot water, add salt, stir and leave to boil.
5. Boil rapidly, reduce heat, allow to cook till grains are soft. If grains are still strong when rubbed between two fingers, add a little water, and cook till the water is absorbed and grains are soft.
6. Serve with stews, fried fish or meat and gravy, for lunch or dinner.
- Print View
- Plain Text