|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Cassava supplies mainly calories from carbohydrate. It should be served with a rich protein food such as fried fish.
How to make Cassava Bread?
1. Srub, peel and wash, then grate cassava.
2. Wring through a piece of clean cloth to drain out all the liquid.
3. Add salt to taste and pound to get it smooth.
4. Rub between the palm of the hand to remove all lumps.
5. Clean and grease hot pate rings to prevent sticking.
6. Put the required quantity of mixture into the greased rings on the hot plate of an electric stove or use a metal plate on three fire stones or coal pot. Cover the ring with a lid.
7. Allow one side to cook, remove with a pallet knife and put on a dry towel on the palm of the hand with the cooked side down.
8. Spread a small quantity of the mixture on the uncooked side to make it even.
9. Return to the hot plate and shape with a knife. Allow to cook.
10. Serve with fried fish and gravy or parched groundnuts.
- Print View
- Plain Text