|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 10 minutes
Coconut Rice, using the coconut liquid to cook the rice
How to make Coconut Rice?
1. Grater coconuts and add to boiling water. Stir briskly and strain to remove the coconut fibre from the liquid.
2. Use this liquid to cook the rice.
3. Wash rice and add to boiling coconut liquid.
4. Boil rapidly, add salt to taste and oil.
5. As the rice cooks stir gently to prevent it sticking at the bottom and distribute the oil.
6. When rice grains are swollen reduce heat and allow rice to steam slowly.
7. Serve hot with rich and spicy protein dish; garnished with vegetables.