|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 20 minutes
1 hour, 50 minutes
(Draw Soup) This dish is usually served for traditional 40 days/family cook.
1 poundbeef (bony)
2snappa (dried or dried skit)
1⁄2 poundtripe (cow belleh)
2ogeri (units tie /maggi cubes)
1 teaspoonbicarbonate of soda
1 pintpalm oil
4crain crain leaves (units tie)
How to make Crain Crain (Draw Soup)?
1. Put into the saucepan the washed beef and trip and cut kanda into small portions. Add ogeri, some ground onions and pepper and salt and steam.
2. Add one pint water and boil the ingredients in the saucepan for one hour adding some cleaned fish.
3. Add palm oil and continue boiling.
4. Add crain crain leaves already picked, washed and cut up, Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda to preserve colour and improve the sliminess.
5. Simmer till all the ingredients are well blended.
6. Serve with foo foo/rice/gari/agidi.
- Print View
- Plain Text