Africa Utopia Recipes
How to make Dun Dun (Fried Yam)?
1. Peel and cut the yam tuber into chip sizes
2. Place yam into cold water and wash off any skin or debris
3. Replenish the water in the bowl with about 5 tablespoons of water add pinch of salt and toss the contents of the bowl about
4. Pour some vegetable oil in a pot and heat up, or use a deep fryer. When the oil is very hot, add some yam chips, water and cover the pot
6. Leave to cook-fry for a few minutes and stir. Be very careful when stirring as the water in the oil will cause it to splatter
7. Cook-fry until crunchy. Transfer to a paper-lined sieve to drain.
8. Serve immediately with ata din din, Akara and plantain
Tokunbo has provided catering for the
- Africa Utopia's launch event 2016 Royal Festival Hall. 150 guests VIPs and stakeholders
- 'BIG60 ART, CULTURE AND LIFESTYLE ‘POP UP’ at The African Centre London
- Feast for Foodies event with chefs Thelma Egbe, Morin Keshiro and Lope Ariyo (African cooking author)