|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Gari (or Garri) made from grated cassava is not very nutritious on its own. It should be eaten with other foods and dishes rich in protein, vitamins and minerals.
How to make Gari?
1. Peel and wash cassava well. Grate finely.
2. Put into a clean sack, place a heavy weight over it in a bowl on top of a table and leave for three days to allow water to drain out.
3. On the third day remove the grated cassava from the sack and pass through a sieve.
4. Grease pan with palm oil. Parch gari till crisp.
5. Allow to cool and store in airtight jars or tins.