|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Important Nutrition Information:- High in calorie value.
1 cupflour (plain)
1⁄4 cupginger (ground)
How to make Ginger Cakes?
1. Add sugar to water and boil. Allow to cool.
2. Pour into a bowl and add ground ginger and flour.
3. Form into a stiff dough and knead on a floured board and roll out until 1/4 inch thick.
4. Cut into round shapes and bake in a hot oven until brown.
5. Cool and serve as a snack.
To prepare ground ginger:-
1. Scrub and wash the ginger. Scrape and cut into thin slices.
2. Either dry in the sun or dry in the oven.
3. Pound into powder, sieve and keep in an airtight jar until ready for use.
- Print View
- Plain Text