|Source||Kosso Weller - The Winsconsin State Journal|
Groundnut stew also known as Peanut Butter stew - The Sierra Leone Recipe. Groundnut stew is a favorite of the kiros of the capital Freetown, Sierra Leone. Here is how to groundnut stew with meat although this can be vegan by adding your choice of vegatable in its place. This recipe is brought to you by Kosso Weller. I hope you enjoy.
How to cook Groundnut Stew - Sierra Leone Recipe?
1. Season meat with salt, season all before hand and leave to marinade.
2. Brown meat in oil or grill. Add meat to pot with water and simmer until tender. Remove and set aside.
3. If you chose to fry your meat then saute the onions with (ground scotch bonnet pepper if you chose).
4. Stir and add tomatoes and stir briskly.
5. Retrieve the groundnut paste that was left to form a thin paste and add to stew.
6. Add meat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
7. Serve with white rice and vegetables.
Make sure you blend the tomatoes if you buy whole ones. Put 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter into a mug of hot water and stir till smooth to add to the sauted onions and tomatoes later
Order Food Now
Order African Food in North America USA
Order African Food in the United Kingdom
Order African Cooking Books in the United Kingdom
- Log in or register to post comments
- Print View
- Plain Text