1⁄2 cuplightly packed brown sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoonvanilla
1 1⁄2 cupflour
1⁄4 cupmelted butter
3⁄4 cupsgranulated sugar
1 cupcanned crushed pineapple
1 cupshredded coconut
How to make Hawaiian Dreams?
1. Cream butter, blend in brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence; mix in flour.
2. Press into bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square pan.
3. Bake in preheated 375° oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Let cool about 5 minutes. Spread with 1 cup well-drained canned crushed pineapple.
5. Beat together: melted butter, granulated sugar, egg, 1 tsp. vanilla and shredded coconut.
6. Spread coconut mixture over pineapple, return to oven and continue baking for about 30 minutes.
7. Cool in pan and cut into squares.
8. For best quality, store in fridge. Makes 20 squares.
- Print View
- Plain Text