Perfect jollof rice recipe will feed 4 people. Prep time 15 mins, cooking time 30mins. Total time 45 mins
Tokunbo has provided catering for the
- Africa Utopia's launch event 2016 Royal Festival Hall. 150 guests VIPs and stakeholders
- 'BIG60 ART, CULTURE AND LIFESTYLE ‘POP UP’ at The African Centre London
- Feast for Foodies event with chefs Thelma Egbe, Morin Keshiro and Lope Ariyo (African cooking author)
How to make Jollof Rice By Tokunbo’s Kitchen?
1. Soak rice in hot water for about 12 minutes. Wash with cold water to get rid of extra starch.
2. Blend half onion, pepper and tomatoes together and set aside in a strainer to drain excess water.
3. Add vegetable oil into a pot, pour chopped onions and fry until the onions are translucent.
4. Add pepper, onion and tomato blend. Cover pot and fry until the oil rises above the sauce.
5. Once the oil has risen to the top add tòmátò puree and seasoning.
6. Dissolve stock in 2 cups of water and add to sauce.
7. Cover and bring to boil.
8. Add rice, cover with foil and steam cook for about 30-45 mins on slow heat.