|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 20 minutes
Patmangi is used in the recipe
How to cook Palmoil "One-Pot" with Fish?
1. Prepare fish by washing and removing the skin and bones. Prepare onions and pepper by grinding.
2. Put some of the prepared vegetables, palm oil, water and salt in a saucepan to boil. If smoked fish is very dry, add this at once. If fairly dry, add later with patmangi.
3. Boil for five minutes, then reduce heat and cook slowly.
4. Wash, gravel and drain rice, and add to the saucepan, boil briskly.
5. Wash garden eggs, okra or jakato, cut each into two and boil separately till cooked. Add the patmangi cut up finely.
6. Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat and cook as for boiled rice till grains are soft and water is completely absorbed.
7. Serve hot for lunch or dinner.
- Print View
- Plain Text