Puff Puff eaten by Nigerians in west Africa on the streets of Lago as a sweet snack in between meal. Here is a recipe by Tokunbo’s Kitchen chief Tokunbo.
How to make Puff Puff?
1. Turn your microwave or oven on for 2 minutes to warm up and turn off
2. Measure out all your dry ingredients into a bowl. This recipe requires exact measurement to get the right taste and texture
3- Pour all wet ingredients into a microwaveable cup and warm for a minute and thirty seconds
4. Add your wet ingredients into your bowl and mix together until smooth
5. Cover your bowl with cling film and damp tea towel. Put it in the warmed oven or microwave
6. Leave it to rise for about 40-45 minutes. Once risen, work the dough with a spoon or hand blender to work out the air and for a stretchy chewy puff puff
7. Heat up the oil for frying. You can do this whilst you're working the dough. Once the oil is heated, you can test but putting a little dough. If it sinks to the bottom oil is not hot enough. It needs to rise immediately
8. Scoop the dough with your hands or a ice cream scoop if you are like me and can't stand for messy hands
9. Fry on both sides, add enough dough to the oil to ensure they stay afloat on each side. Once golden brown, remove from pot and drain on kitchen towels
10. Repeat the process until the dough is finished
11. Sprinkle some cinnamon on and enjoy your hot freshly fried puff puff with drink of choice
- Print View
- Plain Text