|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes|
|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 12 minutes||Total time: 27 minutes|
Important Nutrition Information:- Groundnuts are high in protein and fat.
How to make Congu?
Method:- Deep fat frying
1. Grind nuts into a paste and season with onion and pepper.
2. Put in a large clean bowl and add boiling water in small quantities at a time.
3. Knead well to extract oil.
4. Continue adding water and kneading until all the oil is extracted.
5. Put oil in a clean container and reserve for frying.
6. Roll out the mixture into 8 thin strips. Join about 4 strips together to form a ring or roll into small balls.
7. Deep fry using the extracted oil.
8. Serve as a snack.