|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 50 minutes||Total time: 1 1⁄3 hours|
Plasas the sauce, from Sierra Leone and Gambia, is greens and meat stew
How to cook Plasas?
1. Cut up meat into cubes and put in a saucepan of water. Cook until almost tender.
2. Add ground pepper, onions, palm oil, ogiri, shrimps or cockle and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
3. Wash and shred leaves. Add to the sauce. Do not boil and throw away the water.
4. Cook until the leaves are tender.
5. Flake and add fish. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
6. Mix the egusi with some water, add to the sauce, cover the saucepan and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally or until desired consistency is obtained.
7. Serve with rice or foofoo.