|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 40 minutes||Total time: 1 1⁄6 hours|
Eggs are most valuable for protein, iron, minerals and vitamin A
How to cook Palm Oil Fish Stew?
1. Prepare fish and cut into individual sections. Season with salt and fry on either aside.
2. Remove the fish and set aside.
3. Use the same oil to fry the egg plant.
4. Next fry the onion and pepper until tender.
5. Add tomatoes, partminger and thyme and stir quickly.
6. Add 1 cup water and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
7. Add fish and garden eggs. Cover the saucepan and cook slowly stirring occasionally.
8. Serve with rice, yam, potatoes or other starchy foods.