|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 40 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 2⁄3 hours|
Rice, beef, chicken, sugar, margarine and groundnut oil.
How to cook Rice Pelau?
1. Joint the chicken or wash and cut up the beef.
2. Choose thick saucepan or pot, heat the oil, add the sugar, coat the chicken or meat with flour and fry in hot oil in an uncovered pot.
3. Remove chicken or meat. Brown the seasonings.
4. Mix chicken or meat, seasonings and water; cover and boil.
5. Pick and wash rice, add to the stew and boil until rice is soft. No water should remain, so care must be taken to prevent burning. Add margarine and nuts roughly chopped.
6. Serve on a hot dish.