|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 40 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 2⁄3 hours|
Saffron, rice, groundnut oil, chicken and beef.
How to cook Saffron Rice?
1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove.
3. Cut meat up into small pieces and fry. Remove.
4. Fry the onions lightly and remove.
5. Pick and wash rice, add to the saucepan. Brown lightly, stirring constantly. Replace chicken, meat and onions
6. Add fresh tomatoes, saffron salt and pepper. Mix well; add water and cover.
7. Cook gently over a low heat till grains of rice are soft and liquid absorbed. Add the peas; continue cooking gently, till dry and chicken and meat are quite tender.
8. Serve hot, for lunch or dinner.