|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 40 minutes||Cooking time: 2 hours||Total time: 2 2⁄3 hours|
How to make Sierra Leone Rice Bread?
1. Put rice flour, banana pulp, nutmeg, salt, sugar in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Add about 1/2 cup warm after and continue mixing, add groundnut oil, to make a soft dropping consistency. Beat well with a wooden spoon. If mixture is thick, add some more warm water.
3. Leave in a cool place for about 1/2 hour, to soften the starch grains.
4. Pour into a well greased tin, and bake in a slow oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Put a skewer through and if it comes out clean, rice bread is ready.
6. Turn out and cool on a wire tray.
7. Serve cold after lunch or as a snack.