|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 40 minutes||Total time: 1 1⁄6 hours|
How to make Sunday Stew?
1. Clean and wash frying chicken in lime, salt, water. Cut up into portions. Season.
2. Wash meat and cut up into portions. Season.
3. Wash, cut soak pigs trotter to remove excess salt.
4. Wash, peel and slice potatoes. Season with salt.
5. Peel onions, wash and slice 4 and grind 2.
6. Grind pepper.
7. Clarify or heat cooking oil in a large saucepan.
8. Fry potatoes, add some water and when done remove.
9. Fry chicken and remove.
10. Fry meat for 5 minutes and add about one pint water to tenderise it: when tender, add chicken, then onions, pepper and continue frying.
11. Add tomato puree and thyme and fresh tomatoes.
12. Continue cooking till well blended. Add potatoes, 3TBS water and simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Serve with boiled rice/couscous sweet potatoes and boiled cabbage/string beans or pumpkin.