|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 25 minutes||Total time: 55 minutes|
How to make Breadfruit Chips?
1. Wash and peel breadfruit.
2. Cut into very small thin slices and keep under water to prevent browning.
3. Heat oil to deep fat frying temperature (test with a bread cube - turns brown in 20 seconds).
4. Drain breadfruit pieces in amounts required for frying, add salt
5. Quickly lower into hot oil with a slotted spoon or frying basket.
6. Fry until golden brown.
7. Drain on absorbent paper or flour sieve.
8. For crisper chips remove from oil when partially cooked and set aside. Heat oil to higher temperature and lower chips again, drain on absorbent paper.
9. Serve warm as a snack with groundnuts.
This is mainly carbohydrate and should therefore be served with a protein rich food such as fried fish.