|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 20 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
Sweet Potato Chips are made of sweet potatoes cooked in groundnut oil.
How to make Sweet Potato Chips?
1. Scrub and peel potatoes and keep in water, to prevent browning.
2. Cut into thin slices and still keep under water.
3. Heat oil to frying temperature.
4. Drain spoonfuls of chips, add salt to taste.
5. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper or sieve.
7. Serve warm.
Palm oil may be used for frying sweet potatoes. A popular ceremonial dish.