|Source: S.A. Howell|
|Cooking time: 10 minutes|
How to make Lime Meringue?
1. Separate eggs, add yolk to condensed milk and stir well until blended.
2. Add lime juice, a little at a time and heat over a low fire until mixture thickens.
3. When satisfied that mixture is "tart" enough, spoon into baked pastry shell, top with meringue made from 2 egg whites and 2 tablespoons granulated or castor sugar.
4. Beat until stiff and holding peaks.
5. Bake in hot oven at 400° for about 10 minutes or until tips of meringue start to brown.
Serve at room temperature.
1 baked 8" or 9" pastry shell