|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Wash and soak Black-eyed Beans over night.
1 cupblack-eye beans
1⁄2 poundmeat (with bones)
1 tablespoongroundnut oil
How do you cook Rice and Black-eyed Beans?
1. Pick stones from beans, if any. Wash and soak overnight.
2. Next day wash the bony meat quickly and cut up into pieces.
3. Boil beans and meat in the water in which beans were soaking.
4. Boil gently so that the beans are softened but not pulpy.
5. Peel, and wash seasonings, cut them up and brown lightly in the groundnut oil to develop the flavour.
6. Add to beans and meat. Add some more water. Wash rice and add to other ingredients. Cook gently till rice grains are soft.
7. Serve hot for lunch or dinner.
- Print View
- Plain Text