|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 40 minutes
Rice, beef, chicken, sugar, margarine and groundnut oil.
3 tablespoonsgroundnut oil (or corn oil)
1onion and tomato (chopped)
1 poundsalt beef (soaked)
1 poundstewing beef
How to cook Rice Pelau?
1. Joint the chicken or wash and cut up the beef.
2. Choose thick saucepan or pot, heat the oil, add the sugar, coat the chicken or meat with flour and fry in hot oil in an uncovered pot.
3. Remove chicken or meat. Brown the seasonings.
4. Mix chicken or meat, seasonings and water; cover and boil.
5. Pick and wash rice, add to the stew and boil until rice is soft. No water should remain, so care must be taken to prevent burning. Add margarine and nuts roughly chopped.
6. Serve on a hot dish.
- Print View
- Plain Text