|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Rice Pap. Rice Pap made from rice flour is a traditional West African recipe from countries such as Sierra Leone served hot or cold in cups as a starter at social gathering.
How to make Rice Pap?
1. Put 1/4 cup of the rice flour into clean bowl. Sprinkle water sparingly on the rice flour and rub with the fingers until small balls are formed. Continue this process until all the rice flour in the bowl is made into balls.
2. Dry the balls in the sun till hard.
3. Mix the rest of the rice flour with water into a paste.
4. Boil about 2 cups water in a saucepan.
5. Add balls to boiling water and cook, gently stirring all the time.
6. Pour some of the hot liquid into the rice paste stirring and then return to the saucepan, and boil.
7. Add lime juice for flavour and to improve colour: add sugar also.
8. Stir to taste, if not sweet enough, add some more sugar.
9. Serve hot for breakfast or cold in the afternoon as a snack.