Roast beef kebab, a classic Sierra Leonean party dish always goes down well with everyone.
500 gramsbeef (cubed)
1 1⁄2onions (medium)
1⁄4scotch bonnet pepper
1 1⁄2 tablespoonnatural peanut butter
1 tablespoontomato puree
1 teaspoonsea salt
1 teaspoonblack pepper
1 teaspoondried thyme (fresh thyme can also be used if available)
1sweet pepper (- cut into cubes, optional)
How to make Roast Beef Kebab?
- Steam the meat with a small amount of water and ½ tsp. salt for about 25 min
- In the meantime, squeeze the lemon juice into a blender and use the juice to blend ½ an onion, garlic and scotch bonnet pepper
- Add the peanut butter and tomato puree and continue to blend until the mixture turns into a thick paste. (Add a small amount of water or more lemon to help the bending process if needed)
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to blend
- Pour the mixture over the meat and use your hand to thoroughly rub over the meat till it is well saturated
- Leave the mixture to marinate for at least two hours then place in skewers interspersed the with the sweet peppers and the remaining onion (if using)
- Grill for 15- 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Enjoy!