|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 30 minutes
3 hours, 30 minutes
Wate Okra (okro) Sauce
How to cook Wate Okra Sauce?
1. Cut and soak pig's foot overnight. Boil until tender.
2. Cut meat into small pieces and put in saucepan with water. Bring to boil and simmer gently until meat is almost tender.
3. Add the pig's foot, onion and pepper. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally.
4. Add okra and flaked fish. Add some water according to desired consistency. Fish should be added last if it is tender and not too dry. If dry add during stage three.
5. Add the lubi and cook for a few minutes until okra is tender and sliminess achieved.
6. Add groundnut oil and cook until it no longer has a raw flavour.
7. Add salt to taste. Simmer slowly to required consistency.
8. Serve hot with rice or foofoo.
For Wate Okra Sauce Prepare recipe as given for Okra Sauce but omit palm oil. You may add up to 1/2 cup clarified and cooked groundnut oil instead of palm oil.
- Print View
- Plain Text