Beans Akara made from Black-eyed Beans
How to cook Beans Akara?
1. Wash, stone and soak beans for one hour.
2. Remove the skin by rubbing beans in a bowl with small grinding pepper stone.
3. Grind beans finely on pepper stone/liquidise if grinding machine is available.
4. Beat well with wooden spoon to trap in air. Add very little water if mixture is too heavy.
5. Grind onion and pepper finely and season the mixture adding salt to taste.
6. Heat oil and fry in deep fat in spoonful and drain well on kitchen paper.
7. Serve hot or cold.
<h2>Order Food Now</h2>
<h4><a href="amazon_store">Order African Food in North America USA</a></h4>
<h4><a href="/africa/top-west-africa-food">Order African Food in the United Kingdom</a></h4>
<h4><a href="cooking-books">Order African Cooking Books in the United Kingdom</a></h4>
What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies