|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 25 minutes
Made from krain-krain leaves, palm oil and fish. Fish is an excellent source of protein and calcium.
How to make Krain-Krain Plasas?
1. Cut meat into 1-inch cubes and put into a saucepan with water, cockle or shrimps. Cook over moderate heat.
2. Grind onion and pepper and add to the meat. Simmer until the meat is tender.
3. Add palm oil and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Wash and shred leaves into large pieces and add to the sauce.
5. Add cooking soda and cook gently.
6. Flake fish and add to the sauce. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Serve with foofoo or rice.
For a more slimy consistency add leaves before palm oil and omit cockle and shrimps.