|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 1 hour|
Furah (or Foorah) Balls. Rice flour, sugar and lemon are used.
How to make Furah Balls?
1. Mix rice flour in a bowl with some of the water reserving a little of the rice flour for coating balls.
2. Put remaining water to boil; when boiling, add sugar. Dissolve.
3. Stir rice flour, and add boiling sugar water. Squeeze in lemon juice.
4. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over a slow fire till mixture is quite thick. Using wooden spoon pull forwards to get mixture quite smooth.
5. Taste for sweetness, add some sugar if necessary. The mixture should resemble cooked foo foo in texture or cornflour mould.
6. Add some sugar to the remaining rice flour and mix well on a tray.
7. Remove mixture from saucepan to tray. Cool for 10 minutes.
8. Form into small balls and coat with rice flour already mixed with sugar.
9. Serve cold, as a snack.