|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 45 minutes
2 hours, 5 minutes
4cassava leaves (tie, pounded or ground)
2ogeri (balls, /maggi cubes)
2onions (ground and pepper to taste)
2 teaspoonstola (or 4 okra)
4 ouncesbroad beans (cooked)
3 tablespoonsgroundnut paste
1palm oil (bottle)
How to make Cassava Leaves Sauce (Zakitumboi)?
1. Wash and cut up meat into small pieces.
2. Put water, salt ogeri, meat and some of the fish in a pot to boil for one hour.
3. Add pounded cassava leaves, boil for 15 minutes. Add palm oil and the rest of the fish and continue boiling for 1/2 hour.
4. If too dry add some water, broad beans, jakato and tola or okra.
5. Blend well, check seasonings and serve with boiling rice.
- Print View
- Plain Text