The Business Idea
West Africa Cooks (westafricacooks.com) offers online content about African food, recipes and cooking.
How can we help you?
- We provide recipes for you to cook African food. Search for recipes now
- We provide discussion about African cooking and eating with Cuisine Nadia
- We display African grocery food with prices so you can save money, order and buy online
- When going out. We display addresses of African restaurant with reviews. Find a local restaurant
African Food, Recipes and Cooking
We would like your African recipes for us all to share.
- West African, Nigerian, Senegalese, Ghanaian, Gambian, Liberian, Sierra Leonean, Côte d'Ivoire, Ivorian Coast and Cameroon
- South African, Kenyan, Somalian, Ethiopian, Tanzanians, Zambian, Ugandan and Sudanese
- North African, Egyptian, Algerian, French African, Moroccan and Arabic
- Caribbean, Jamaican, Barbadians or Bajans, Guyana, Haitian and Cuban
- African-American, AfroLatino, Southern and Latin
- Soul Food, Cajun, and Creole
- Lebanese dishes, Fijian, Brazilian, Bahia and Aboriginal
- African Cocktails, African vegetarian and African vegan
- Ethnic, Original, Traditional and Urban
Share your recipe now by creating a new account and engaging.
The Personal Story of the Business Owner
Hello I am called Leslie. I am the website designer, developer and marketing manager of this business. I have over 10 years experience in the publishing industry and 3 years in the gaming industry in a web digital department.
Having worked for large companies and start up companies; having managed a telemarketing team in the financial industry but since then not come across other black and ethnic minorities managers. Yes, we know this is wrong. The phrase a lack of diversity by staff in the human resource department are really pretty words for discrimination and racism in practice. I am calling it what it is, racism in business.
I always wished to create my own company. Now with the creative skills of Nadia Maddy we have created a business for the African and Caribbean (UK/American) online market, which we believe is professional and approachable. Real opportunities exist for first, second and third generation African and Caribbean entrepreneurs in the food industry. There is a demand for African heritage. It is this positive idea in my mind which is the greatest reason and something I love. My inspirations are my Sierra Leonean parents and the older African and Caribbean generations. I stand on their shoulders. I have a knowledge of the African market through experience of purchasing these products and service. To develop this international business I have traveled to West Africa, New York city, Washington and Australia to visit African restaurant business owners. Leslie Leigh on Linkedin.
Business Mission Statement
The mission statement is to market West Africa Cooks globally as the number one content provider of African and Caribbean food, recipes and cooking.
Africa's Favorite Food, Recipes and Cooking Website.