Coconut Cream Mousse
How to make Coconut Cream Mousse?
1. Combine sugar, flour, salt and milk in saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until mixture boils. Boil a minute longer. Remove from heat. Separate yolks from whites, slightly beat the yolks and add to mixture. Bring back to the boil, stirring all the time to stop mixture from sticking to pan.
2. Remove from heat, add essence, coconut and butter to mixture and allow to cool.
3. Dissolve gelatine in a little water (in double boiler or ovenproof bowl in hot water). Add to mixture, mixing thoroughly. Beat whites until very stiff and add to mixture when cool with a metal spoon.
4. Pour into a souffle dish then put in fridge to set. To decorate, remove paper, roll in some reserved grated coconut and decorate top with cherries and whipped cream.
5. Can be served with or without cookie.