|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Foorah (or Furah) is rice flour, water and sugar. This is a favorite snack to eat between meals for west Africans in town like Freetown, Sierra Leone.
How to make Foorah?
1. Mix rice flour in a bowl with about 1 cup water, saving about 1 tablespoon of the flour for coating the balls.
2. Bring the rest of the water to boil in a saucepan. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
3. Pour the flour paste gradually into the simmering water and cook stirring all the time until it forms a thick paste as the rice granules swell.
4. When the rice is thoroughly cooked and contains no raw flavour allow to cool slightly and remove tablespoonful of the mixture, from them into balls and coat with the rest of the rice flour.
5. Serve cold.
6. Milk may be added to the paste during cooking to improve the food value.
- Print View
- Plain Text