|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 20 minutes
Made from groundnut paste, onion, pepper and tomatoes.
How to make Groundnut Stew?
Method:- Frying, Simmering
1. Cut meat or fish into individual pieces and fry in hot oil until brown. If meat is also less tender add water and simmer until tender. Remove and keep aside.
2. Chop onion and pepper and fry the oil until tender.
3. Dice the tomatoes and add to the stew, stir quickly.
4. Mix groundnut paste with 1 cup water to form a thin paste and add to the stew, stir and simmer gently. Add salt to taste.
5. Add the meat or fish and 1 cup water and simmer slowly until the consistency is thick.
6. Serve with rice, boiled cassava or yam with cabbage or green vegatable.