|Source||River Cafe Pocket Books Puddings, Cakes And Ice Creams|
Hazelnut Truffle Cake is from River Cafe Pocket Books Puddings, Cakes And Ice Creams by Rosie Gray and Ruth Rogers
How to make Hazelnut Truffle Cake?
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas Mark 2. Butter the base of a I 6cm round springform cake tin. Line with baking parchment and butter the paper. Pulse-chop the hazelnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Melt the butter in a small, thick-bottomed saucepan, add the sugar and boil until lightly caramelised. Add the hazelnuts and stir until they begin to stick together, about 2-3 minutes.Whilst it is still warm, spread this mixture over the base of the prepared tin.
3. Melt the chocolate with the rum in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the base of the bowl. Cool.
4. Beat the egg yolks until pale. Stir them into the chocolate, then slowly add the cream.The mixture will thicken immediately.
5. Spoon it into the cake tin and leave to set for I hour in the fridge. To remove the cake from the tin, soak a cloth in hot water and wrap it around the tin for 1 minute to melt the edges slightly. Unclip the springform.
6. Carefully slide the cake off the base onto a plate.
200g Shelled hazelnuts, roasted, skins rubbed off
• 120g Unsalted butter
• 6 tbs Demerara sugar •
250g 70% Chocolate, broken into small pieces
• 150m1 Dark rum •
4 Egg yolks •
250m1 Double cream
- Print View
- Plain Text