|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Here is how to cook jollof rice which is also cooked where ever you find west African descendants around the world. Jollof rice is traditionally served at parties, celebrations and gatherings all over west Africa. Sierra Leone or Salone is a west African country which boarders Guinea and Liberia its capital is Freetown. Goundnut soap, plasas, (cassava leaves palm oil fish beef), jollof rice are cooked by the Krios, Mende and Temne of Sierra Leone. Here is the rcecipe.
How Jollof Rice Sierra Leone style is made?
1. Prepare meat or chicken stew.
2. Put water, salt tomato puree in a saucepan and bring to boil.
3. Add half to the meat stew and bring to boil again.
4. Clean and wash rice. Add to the boiling liquid. Cover and boil rapidly stirring occasionally as the grains swell.
5. Cook until the rice is soft and the tomato and gravey are evenly distributed throughout.
6. Serve with the rest of the meat or chicken stew and some boiled cabbage or other green vegetable.