New York African Restaurant Week starts on Sunday October 1st and runs until Sunday October 22nd. Visit a participating restaurant, in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Harlem, Bronx and take advantage of the deals they are offering. Celebrate the best of African cuisine and culture in New York, America. Produced by Panla and A Taste of Africa USA, two leading culinary events companies reinventing the way African food is consumed and discovered, the New York African Restaurant Week features lunch and dinner options.
This event includes the BEST RESTAURANTS and Chefs in the City featuring African Cuisine, has been created to share the best in African Culture, Food, Music, Dance, Art and so much more.
The Best African Restaurants In America
The festival line-up:
- Over 25 restaurants/food vendors representing cuisines from all of Africa - North, South, East and West
- Local/International/celebrity/emerging chefs
- Wine, beer, and liquor tasting booths, chef demos, and goodie bag giveaways
- Live DJ performances, special music performance by Gabzy, and an Afrobeats day party
- Over 30 participating exhibitors and vendors across fashion, beauty, art culture, including a pop-up shop and gallery walk through experience with luxury fashion from Africa curated by ONYCHEK
Join us on a culinary journey across Africa with 5,000+ foodies and festival goers, a "Gastro Afrique Odyssey."
All this taking place at one of Brooklyn’s most iconic venues looking over the Brooklyn waterfront – Industry City
Getting to Industry City: 1 stop from Atlantic Ave-Barclays, 3 stops from Union Square, 2 stops from Canal St
Food and Beverage highlights ("Central Station")
Madiba Restaurant, Queen of Sheba Restaurant, Buka Restaurant, Joloff Restaurant, Le Souk, Tagine Dining, Tambour Original, Midunu Chocolates, Pepper Bush Cookshop Liberian Street Food, Bed-Nos Wine, The Seasoned Pot, Paradis des Gouts - Authentic Tastes of Africa, Tokunbo's Kitchen, Kombit Bar & Restaurant, Delicious African Orchards, Nafi's Condiments, Chut-Up, Pair Wine, Chef Zi Southern African Cuisine, Nando's Peri Peri Sauce, Bruce Cost Ginger Ale, Chef Bongo courtyard cooking demo, Chef Serge courtyard cooking demo, Chef Nadine cooking demo, Chef Imoteda cooking demo, and more!
VIP Area Tastings ("James Beard Chefs and Friends")
- Chef Selassie Atadika
- Chef Victor Bongo
- Chef Serge Pambo
- Chef Nadine Nelson
- Chef Charmain Sithappah
- Chef Shorne Benjamin
- Sacred Chef Bryan
- Day Party in the Courtyards highlights ("The Afrobeats and Dancehall/Soca Experience")
- DJ Buka
- DJ Ob1
- DJ Wavos
- DJ Hard Hittin Harry
- and special live music performance by Gabzy!
Fashion, Beauty, Art, Culture highlights ("Market Ave")
- Pop-up shop and gallery walkthrough experience with luxury fashion from Africa curated by ONYCHEK
- Belle Bar, Ruby Sampson, Byas & Leon, Ites International, Iron Maroon Boutique, Harlem's Heaven Hats, Shemanenyc, Blackfly, Nepus Crafts, Sanjules Unique Art Creations, Msia Clark, SOMA Fashion, Elan by Uri, Global Decors, Shangani Fashion, Yassin Joof, Olowou USA, Birthright Africa, and more!
To learn more about our chefs, restaurants, and other 2017 experiences, visit NYARW.COM or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Support 2017 beneficiaries - 10% of ticket sales to benefit City Harvest and Vocal New York**
Would you recommend our restaurants to a friend?
Visit facebook.comNYAfricanRestaurantWeek for more on this event. OpenTable allows customers to make table reservations online. Again please review, we wish to attract new customers so rate the food and service, use TripAdvisor, Restaurants and Yell, as well as yelp and google.