|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 35 minutes
2 hours, 5 minutes
Chicken, sweet potatoes and carrots.
How to make Papa's Chicken Stew and Dumplings?
1. Wash, cut chicken and soak in lime salted water for half an hour.
2. Remove chicken and wash.
3. Fry sliced onions, slice carrots, sweet pepper, tomatoes and potatoes for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces well seasoned.
5. Add water, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour until chicken is tender about one hour.
7. Serve hot with dumplings.