|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Plantain Chips are made of plantain fried in deep fat oil.
How to make Plantain Chips?
1. Peel plantain and grate or shred into tiny pieces.
2. Add salt to taste.
3. Heat oil to deep fat frying temperature.
4. Fry heapfuls of shredded plantain until golden brown.
5. For crisper chips remove plantain when half cooked, heat oil to higher temperature and fry again. The chips get brown and crisp very quickly.
6. Drain on absorbent paper and serve cold.