|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 20 minutes
Sweat potato leaves, fish, groundnut and palm oil. Sierra Leone potato leaves plasas is a favorite of the kiros of the capital Freetown, Sierra Leone. Here is how to cook plasas with fish however this can be vegan by adding your choice of vegatable in its place. This recipe is brought to you by Pamela Greene and from her Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes cook book. I hope you enjoy.
How to cook Potato Leaves Plasas?
1. Cut meat into cubes and put into a saucepan containing water, salt, onion and pepper.
2. Add palm oil and simmer slowly until meat is tender and part of the water has evaporated.
3. Wash and shred leaves finely. Add to the ingredients in the saucepan and allow to simmer until the leaves are soft.
4. Mix the groundnut paste with some warm water and add to the sauce. Cook over low heat and stir occasionally to prevent burning.
5. Add flaked fish and simmer until fish is tender.
6. Serve with rice or other starchy staple food.