|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Rice Akara or "Akarakuru"
How to make Rice Akara or "Akarakuru"?
1. Peel bananas and mince or pound.
2. Put in a bowl and add rice flour and water alternatively mixing with a wooden spoon.
3. Beat well when all the flour has been added. Add sugar and nutmeg. The mixture should just drop when held down from a spoon.
4. Leave in a cool place for about 1/4 hour.
5. Have a saucepan of oil ready. Heat till a blue smoke rises.
6. Drop a spoonful at a time of the mixture into the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper to remove surplus oil.
7. Serve with fried ground pepper and ground onions. (gravy) after lunch, dinner or as a snack.