|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 10 minutes
Rice flour, sugar and bananas. Deep fat frying
How to make Rice Akarakuru?
Method:- Deep-fat frying
1. Mash the bananas into a smooth pulp.
2. Stir in the sugar until completely dissolved.
3. Sift rice flour with baking powder and nutmeg and add to the mixture in half-cup amounts.
4. Add salt and 2 tablespoons water. Stir.
5. Allow the mixture to stand for about 1/2 hour to soften the starch granules.
6. Fry tablespoonful in hot deep fat using groundnut oil or palm oil.
7. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot or cold as a snack.