|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Eggs, flour and bread crumbs are used for coating
2 ouncesfish (cooked)
1 tablespoonbutter (or margarine)
2 tablespoonsonion (chopped)
How to make Rice Balls Sierra Style?
1. Pick and wash rice.
2. Boil in salted water till grains are soft. Drain.
3. Mash and combine with egg yolks and cooked fish, in a mixing bowl.
4. Saute or fry chopped onion in butter or margaring lightly. Add to rice mixture with parsley. Season well.
5. Form into small balls.
6. Beat eggs with a fork until well blended. Roll rice balls in flour and then in beaten egg. Coat with bread crumbs, and chill for about 1/2 hour.
7. Heat oil and fry a few rice balls at time until golden brown. Drain well on kitchen paper.
8. Serve for breakfast.
- Print View
- Plain Text