|Source||The Cooking Experience|
1 hour, 40 minutes
2 hours, 10 minutes
Wholemeal flour, olive oil and yeast.
1 kilogramwholemeal flour (strong or mix strong white and brown)
2yeast (easy bake sachets)
1 teaspoonsugar (heap)
600 milliliterswater (warm)
2 tablespoonsolive oil
1. Mix all the dry ingredients except salt then add the liquid, mix well and turn out onto a work surface, knead 8 minutes. Put the salt in during this process.
2. Oil the dough and leave in the bowl clingfilmed until more than double in size, about 45 minutes.
3. Add whatever flavour you choose, nuts herbs etc, knead them in.
4. Shape or put into bread tins, leave for a further 45 minutes to rise again, bake at 180°C/gas 5 for 30 minutes.
5. Turn out onto a surface upside down.
6. Cool before eating and serve.
- Print View
- Plain Text